Theme: What would you do to make the world a better place?
Eligibility: open to all high school students who are attending high school in SF Bay Area as of 5/1/2019
- 1st place $750
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $250
How to enter:
- Prepare a 5-7 minute speech incorporating the theme "What would you do to make to world a better place".
- Submit your entry via a private Youtube or Vimeo page LINK, or any web-based video location you choose. We need a direct link to your speech.
- We will not accept any video files, such as mp3 or mp4.
- Timing begins when you utter the first sound.
- Actual time may go up to 7:30. And all videos must be at least 5 minutes.
The way you choose to interpret the theme is up to you but original content is required.
- The first 100 electronic submissions will be accepted.
- Deadline for submissions: midnight April 15th.
- Ten finalists will be chosen from the submissions and will be notified no later than May 15th.
- Finalists from round one will compete in person on June 22nd at a Live NSA NC Contest in Lafayette, CA.
- Three Winners will be chosen: 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place.
- Family and guests are welcome but RSVP's are required.
Hand-held and lavalier mics will be provided for use at the final contest.
Cost: There is no fee for entry nor for the live contest event.
- A panel of judges comprised of professional speakers who are members of the National Speakers Association will review all submitted videos and select finalists and judge the Final Contest.
- Judging of the videos will not depend on the quality of the video, itself, but rather speech content and presentation skills.
- Stay tuned for more contest guidelines.
Contest chairs: Janice Litvin & Nancy Giere
Direct all questions and submission links to Nancy@NancyGiere.com or Janice@JaniceLitvin.com
About National Speakers Association: Whether you’re a seasoned speaker or new to the world of professional speaking, National Speakers Association is a community of speakers, trainers, facilitators, coaches, consultants, authors, and others from a variety of professional backgrounds. We share an endless curiosity, a passion for sharing knowledge and expertise, and a desire to have an impact on audiences large and small.